Discovery Internships Entrepreneurship Initiative
Discovery Internships believes in the power of choice, flexibility, and freedom. We believe that all students should have the opportunity to achieve their potential. We know that entrepreneurship can be a path to success and we are passionate about encouraging those brave enough to pursue it! The following are several Discovery Internships initiatives focused on encouraging and supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs.
1. Partnerships with Entrepreneurial Companies: We strive to provide all of our clients with world-class, customized internship experiences. For our clients interested in working with entrepreneurial start-up companies, we have built relationships with dozens of companies that can provide this life-changing experience across a wide range of industries. These are companies like Sweet Riot, a wonderful globally responsible chocolate company with products in places like Whole Foods and Wegmans or Scratch Music Group, a music, marketing, and lifestyle company with clients such as ESPN, Microsoft, and the NBA to name a few.
2. Student Entrepreneur Support: Through our partnerships, charitable support, and volunteerism, the DI Team supports student entrepreneurship.
- The Young Entrepreneur Society - a powerful resource for young men and women looking to discover "The Secret" behind the world's most successful millionaire minds and entrepreneurs. Founder and entrepreneur Louis Lautman traveled the country to film and interview some of the most innovative and successful men and women under 30 years of age in business today. Lautman's The YES Movie explores the secrets of successful young entrepreneurs' wealth creation, passion, vission, leadership, and sucess.
Find more videos like this on Young Entrepreneur Society
- Global Student Entrepreneur Awards – DI is a support of the GSEA and DI founder & President served as a semi-final round judge at the 2009 GSEA Global Finals at The Kauffman Foundation in Kansas City, MO.
- Additional Resources for Student Entrepreneurs
3. COMING IN 2011 - Entrepreneurship Challenge: the Discovery Internships Entrepreneurship Challenge (DIEC) takes the traditional idea of a business plan competition to the next level! The winner of the DIEC receives an all-inclusive summer experience in the winner's city of choice (Boston, Chicago, New York City, or San Francisco). Discovery Internships provides you with housing, a meal plan, the opportunity to explore your host city through included activities, and of course a hands-on internship with a world-class entrepreneur. This experience can be the catalyst to get an idea off the ground or the inspiration to build a company to the next level!